Find answers to the most common man and van hire questions asked on Find My Man and Van. If yours is not here then
please drop us a message (contact page) and we will be happy to answer.
- How will I receive my booking confirmation?
- You will receive an email and text message confirming your booking and giving a link to the full details. You may bookmark this link and refer to it at
any time. Once the driver has confirmed acceptance you will be notified again. You will also receive an email/text reminder the day before your job, this will
contain your drivers name and contact number.
- What if my van is late or does not arrive?
- In the unlikely event your van is late you should contact the driver. If the driver is unavailable or the van does not turn up please call us
on 0333 123 0240. In the event of a driver being unable to attend a job, Find My Man will refund the deposit made for the booking .
- Once my booking is made who is responsible for fulfilling it?
- Once the booking has been placed with us, Find My Man and Van are responsible for allocating a driver at the assigned time and date. All drivers
reigstered with us are self-employed contractors who operate their own vehicles and the contract for the bookings fulfillment lies sole between you the customer
and the driver allocated to the booking as stated in section 4 of our Terms and Conditions. By agreeing to these
terms you agree that the extent of any liability of Find My Man and Van for non-fulfilment of the contract is limited to the amount of the depsoit and that any
additional liability lies with the allocated driver.
- Can I get a receipt from the driver upon job completion?
- Yes, your driver can provide you with a receipt if requested.
- Do the quotes include VAT?
- No, the quotes given do not include VAT.
- Are your drivers insured?
- The level of cover varies from driver to driver. It is very important that you accurately assess the total value of the goods you wish to be
transported. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the value of goods to be transported is covered by the drivers Goods in Transit insurance, please
contact your driver to confirm this before work is undertaken.
- Am I guaranteed the van I choose?
- Find My Man and Van will always do their best to supply you with the driver you have selected in this quote. Due to the nature of the man and van
industry it may sometimes be necessary (due to availability, breakdown and the like) to supply you with another driver. Should this occur we will endeavour to
find a suitable replacement where possible, or refund your deposit in full if we are unable to do so. Should we substitute a driver your quote price will still
stand and the replacement driver will be registered with the site and adhere to the same standards of insurance and professionalism as all our drivers.
- What if I need to cancel my booking?
- A cancellation can be made by calling us on 0333 123 0240 during working hours (9am to 8pm) at least 48 hours before the booked service. Any
cancellations received less than 48 hours before the date and time of the booked service will incur a loss of your deposit.
- Can I book a man and van without paying a
We require deposits for all bookings. This is due to the fact that our drivers are in demand for multiple Jobs each day and we need to ensure that your driver
cannot be sent on another job after they have been scheduled.
To prevent loss of business for our drivers due to short-term cancellations it is necessary for us to charge a deposit for the job in advance.
We do have a refund policy in place and this is detailed above and in our Terms
- Is it safe to make payments through this site?
- Yes, we use Stripe and PayPal to securely process card payments
and no card details are stored by us.
- Can I make a detour/change to the journey after pick-up?
- It may be possible to make a detour during your journey depending on your drivers schedule for that day. Any extra time and mileage will be charged at
the drivers rates and be payable to the driver at the end of the job, please discuss this with your driver before the work commences.
- Can I travel in the van with the driver?
- This may be possible, you must confirm with your driver if you wish to do so.
- What do I need to do before the driver arrives?
- All goods to be transported must be securely packed and ready to transport. Parking must be available and adequate loading/unloading access must be
provided as specified in the Terms and Conditions.
- When do the job charges start and finish?
- Charging for the job begins when your driver has parked and contacted you, charging ends once all goods have been unloaded at the destination.
- Will I need to be present during the job?
- Either yourself or an agreed agent will need to be present at pickup and destination during loading and unloading.
- Can I book a man and van for less than 2 hours?
- No, our minimum hire time is 2 hours, the quotes given will be for at least this duration.
- What access to the pickup and destination addresses does the driver
- The stairs, lifts or doorways must be adequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration. The approach, road
or driveway must be suitable for the driver’s vehicle(s) and/or containers to load and/or unload within 10 metres of the doorway of the location for collection
and/or delivery. If these conditions are not met the job may incur additional costs or be subject to cancellation by the driver with forfeiture of any deposit
- Can there be additional costs on the day?
- Our quotes cover the cost of the work as specified by the customer to estimated loading and driving timescales. Additional costs may be incurred if (for
example) the amount of goods to be transported is greater than specified, there is insufficient access (as detailed above), the loading and/or driving takes
longer than estimated (due weather, traffic etc). These examples do not cover the full catalogue of possible additional charges and you should consult your driver
on the day if these, or any other, charges are incurred.
- Does the quote price include parking, ferry, congestion charge, toll
roads or other route charges?
- No, the quotes are based on driving mileage and we do not specify a route for the driver or take into account where they will park. If there are
additional costs due to parking, ferry, congestion charge, toll charges or other route charges your driver will make you aware of these and they will be payable
directly to the driver upon job completion.
- What if my goods have been lost or damaged?
- In the event that any of your items are damaged in transit, it is the assigned driver’s responsibility to compensate you for the agreed cost of the
damage to your item(s), please contact them directly with details of your loss/damage. All assigned drivers will have goods in transit insurance and therefore
shall be able to reimburse you for any damages.
- What if I have more questions?
- You may contact us through our contact page, by email , or call
us on 0333 123 0240 during working hours (9am to 6pm)